Old Catholic Cemetery, Brainard

  • On Hwy 92, turn so. on Rd. T. Take Rd. T to Rd. 30 (So. 2 miles to edge of Brainard, 1 mile E. on 30th Rd. 3 Cemeteries are together, it is the middle cemetery between IOOF and Bohemian National Cemetery. Section 17, Oak Creek Twp.

    This cemetery was organized circa 1885. The first cemetery board consisted of Ignac Dvorak, K. Kabourek, and J.J. Smrz. On April 25, 1885, two acres of land were purchased. In the year 1892, the cemetery was enclosed by a new iron fence, and an ornate arch gate. The large iron cross in the center of the cemetery was a gift of Matej and Jakub Kabourek, and Frank Sypal.